Monday, August 20, 2007

Birthday Weekend

I don't know why, but this year I was really thinking a lot about getting older. I was thinking how that when I'm 30, my littlest Katya will be 8! I can't believe that it will come faster than I think. The first year has already gone by so fast and every time I turn around she is older, which makes me older. I don't really obsess over my age, it just seemed that this year I really thought how time has flown and how much life has changed in just the past year. I'm not afraid to get older, except for the fact that my kids will get older too and will no longer be so little. Oh how I will miss it!

My birthday was great. We went to another ultrasound that morning and it was so cute to see our little girl getting big and see how cute she is. It was a very relaxing day and Jethro took care of Katya the whole day so I just st and relaxed. That evening we went down to some friends house for dinner and cake and ice cream. Nice and relaxing. We had big plans for the weekend so relaxing was good. Jethro made me a dark chocolate fudge cake with dark chocolate fudge frosting for my b-day and we waited to celebrate with the cake until my family came. The next day, my parents came into town and took me out to dinner. I just love Olive Garden.


Blowing out the candles. Jethro got trick candles so I had
a little trouble. It was such a good cake. I love dark chocolate!


On Friday we went up to Midway to a timeshare condo. Rebekah watched Katya for us so it was a nice getaway. We were supposed to have friends come up on Friday too, but they couldn't come up till Saturday. Jethro And I just enjoyed our alone time together and it was so nice to just relax. We are beginning to realize how important it is to just get away from kids for a little trip every year. Nice and necessary.

On Saturday it was so nice to just sleep in late and lazily get ready. We met our friends in Heber City for lunch at Dairy Keen and I had the best shake. It was Chocolate Dipped Strawberry with real strawberries- so good! We also went up to see the war memorial in Midway, miniature golfing, and playing a ton of board and card games. We also barbecued for dinner. It was so much fun and just great to relax.

Here are some pics from the weekend.


Jethro and I at the war memorial overlooking Heber City.

Tyler, Stephanie, Staci and Jethro

Stephanie and I

Jethro miniature golfing


Jethro playing on the giant outdoor chess board. It was
tons of fun.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday! You guys looked like you had a great time!