Monday, January 11, 2010

Redeeming a Christmas present...

Jethro surprised me on Christmas with tickets to The Lion King in Las Vegas along with a weekend away from the girls. I was so excited! It was our last chance to get away before our little boy is born and our first vacation away together since before Katya was born (4 years ago!). Jethro is so wonderful and knew that I really needed it and despite my initial fears that this little boy might be crazy enough to come while we were in Vegas, we had an absolutely fabulous time.

We drove down on Friday and stayed in Mesquite. We enjoyed a leisurely dinner and hit up the fabulous movie Sherlock Holmes. Saturday we enjoyed lazing around and headed to Vegas. The Lion King was amazing! It's the first time that I have been to an off-Broadway show and I loved it. It is definitely worth seeing.


Waiting for the show to start. Unfortunately we couldn't take pics during the show.


We walked the strip after the show and headed to dinner. It's been awhile since I've been to Vegas. The new pedestrian bridges over the streets are fabulous and also make for good pictures.


We enjoyed a nice dinner and P.F. Changs (we'd never been). Their food is so yummy, especially their lettuce wraps and mandarin beef. It was a fabulous evening.

We headed home Sunday and found the girls happy and content. They had so much fun with Mike and Brie and Amy and Dave that we had no worries. It was a fabulous weekend and I'm grateful for a fabulous weekend with a husband who does something for me that I won't do for myself.

6 comments:

Mendel Family said...

I am glad you had such an amazing time! Getaways are good, and I am really looking forward to ours this upcoming Sunday. Although we are leaving Luke for a week (with my family luckily!) but I am nervous to see how he does. You deserved the break, and I hope all goes well with baby boy on the way!

Candi said...

It sounds awesome. I am glad you had so much fun.

J N H said...

Looks like you guys had a BALL! How awesome! Miss you, keep us informed of when that baby boy comes! :)

kecia said...

looks like fun! We went to the lion king there in october adn LOVED it! And PF Changs is one of our favorites!!

Nicole Hunter said...

How fun!! What a great weekend away before your bundle gets here!

Amy said...

I am glad you had fun. Dave and I sure had a great time watching Katya and Cali. I love the P1F Chang's lettuce wraps. Yummy