Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Katya's Surgery

At 6 this morning Katya had surgery to get tubes in her ears to drain all the fluid and keep her from getting ear infections. The surgery went really well. We were out of the hospital by 9, which was really nice. We would have been out a whole lot sooner, but the doctor was late. We are not a big fan of him because this was our second appointment with him and both times he has been late. Besides him being late, he repeatedly calls Katya a boy. When he was talking to us after her surgery he said, "He did great. His ear canals were bigger then I thought. We'll see him in another month." He even called her a boy when we went in for her first visit with him and she was wearing all pink. Come on doctor! Read your stinkin' chart! There is nothing more annoying then the doctor calling your baby the wrong sex. Jethro even tried correcting him, but he just didn't catch on. It drove me crazy. While the doc was saying "he was a little fussy at first." Jethro said, "Oh, the anesthesiologist was fussy?" But the doctor didn't get what Jethro was saying. Let's just say that if we had our choice we wouldn't have Katya see him again. Ok, Enough of my ranting. Here are some cute picks of Katya before her surgery.


Katya in her cute hospital supplied outfit.
It was huge!


Katya actually fell asleep before they took her back for surgery. She was so tired and hungry. I didn't get any pics of her after her surgery because all she wanted was for me to hold her and feed her her glucose water. Poor thing. She was so tired and groggy afterwards. She did smile at us when we put her in her car seat because she was happy to be going home and getting away from the doctors. Hopefully she will have a restful day today and be back to herself tomorrow.

5 comments:

Reuel and Ana said...

Poor little thing. We did the same thing for Jethro and the ear aches went away. She is so cute in the pictures. thank you for keeping us informed.
Staci you are so good to her she could not have a better mother. Jethro you are also a great father to her. Ana said that Katya could not have better parents
love
Dad and Ana

Anonymous said...

Aw, she's so cute Stace! Too cute!!!!!!!!! I love her! She's such a happy little baby. I can't wait to see her again!!

Reuel and Ana said...

The more I look at these pictures the more I want her to grow a lot more RED hair. Her smile is sooooo heart warming. God bless this little angel.
love dad

George said...

Such cute pictures! Every picture I see of her, she is so happy. Except that one on the hike at Millcreek Canyon, that was really cute, though.

Amy said...

Cute, Cute, Cute, Cute! I just can't stand the total cuteness. That DR. is a total "idiot" That really annoys me too. Oh well, at least he (or should I say "she")helped little Katya by putting the tubes in her ears. Glad everything went well! :)