Thursday, July 9, 2009

Seeing old friends

I moved to Texas in '96 and it was hard. It was hot, humid, and my first move ever. To make matters worse, I was starting 7th grade- ugh, middle school. It was such an awkward time and I hated it. One of the best things about moving to Texas was meeting Dierdra. We are as opposite as you can get. Dierdra is short, brown hair and Baptist. I am tall, blonde, and LDS (aka Mormon). For being such opposites, we got along great and we still do. When I moved to Oklahoma in '98. I was devastated. But through the past 11 years, both of us going to college, me getting married and having two kids, moving again, and Dierdra getting married (yeah!), we have remained friends. We always seem to be able to pick up where we left off. I was dissappointed that I was unable to make it to her wedding in early June, but was excited to be able to see her when we went to Oklahoma. She was a trooper to drive the 2 hours to my parents house for a Sunday visit.



It was great seeing you again, Dierdra. Thanks for making the long journey to see an old friend.

No comments: