Friday, October 9, 2009

The Best 5 years

I have been lucky enough to be married to this wonderful man for the last 5 years.
He has taught me so much in that time, lessons I could never have learned on my own. I would like to share of the lessons Jethro has taught me.

1. Guys aren't mind readers. Make what you want known. If you want something done, tell him what it is. If you have expectations for your birthday/anniversary/Valentine's, tell him what they are. It'll save a lot of tears and frustration.

2. Just because it's not done your way, doesn't mean it was done wrong. I am sort of anal and Jethro has taught me that it's ok to do things different and that I can't control everything.

3. Communication is vital. No marriage can be good without necessary communication. It's what makes or breaks a marriage. Talking things out will not only solve a lot of problems, but will bring you closer together.

4. Have faith. There is no need to worry so much. If you have faith and are doing your part, everything will work out.

5. Stress isn't necessary. Just live in the moment and enjoy it.

7 comments:

Candi said...

Happy Anniversary!

Jo Anne said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
Great lessons learned and shared.
Thanks for being a part of my family.

Love, Mom

Amy said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!! Can't believe it has been five years, time flies...

Juliana said...

Happy Anniversary! You two complete each other!

Doug and Amanda said...

Happy anniversary! You guys are so adorable!

andrea said...

happy anniversary guys! You've accomplished a lot in 5 years and are so perfect for each other.

Paul and Tammy said...

Happy anniversary!! What great advice. Thanks for sharing.

Tammy