We had a great Christmas. I think that Christmas is so much fun with kids. We had a lot of family time with Jethro's family this year. Last year we were with my family this Christmas so it was good to be with Jethro's family this year. His mom, JoAnne, came down from Spokane so it was good to see her again. We were glad that Katya could spend some time with her Grandma Jones. We also went to see Jethro's grandparent's and saw some cousins and aunt's and uncles. We also spent part of Christmas day at our friend Kirstin's house. She is the secretary at Jethro's school and she's pretty cool. We had a ton of fun just hanging out. It was nice for Jethro to have a break from teaching and from school. It was fun to just hang out and relax. Katya enjoyed having her daddy around every day because she doesn't get to spend as much time with him as he and she want.
Katya is too young to understand the whole presents thing, but she sure did enjoy ripping them open. It was so cute. She was opening a musical caterpillar and when she saw it she got so excited and started smiling and laughing. It was cute. It is so fun to have her around because it brings a totally different dimension into or lives that we are grateful for.Jethro and I have decided that we are only getting our children about 3 presents and a set of pajamas each Christmas. We decided that we would get each other one homemade gift and then one big gift, along with a set of pajamas. We also want to do one big Christmas service project also. I really want our kids to grow up not counting presents, but being grateful for what they have and really enjoying the spirit of Christmas. I hope that it's good for them.
For Jethro's Christmas present, I made him a scrapbook of our lives together up till now. I am so proud of myself and Jethro really like it. He doesn't really care about the whole craft side of life, but he loved the book. I wrote in their my feelings about dating, engagement and wedding. It was kind of like a big journal entry for me and a big love letter for him. I really enjoyed making it and made me love Jethro even more. Jethro's working on a digital picture frame. It's not done because he ran into problems, but he's pretty close to getting done. He's doing a good job on it and I'm proud of him trying something he's never done.
I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
1 comment:
I love Katya
Post a Comment