Friday, February 9, 2007

Katya's 9 Month Checkup

Katya had her 9 month checkup today and she is doing great. She now weighs 12 pounds 10 ounces and is 25 inches long. She has just about grown as many inches as she has put on pounds. Her little feet just about hang over the bottom of her car seat now. I just can't believe that she is getting so big. The Early Intervention Specialist who visits Katya every month says she is already that she is doing great and is pretty much right on track for her development. She is trying to crawl now and is almost there. She is able to push her little but in the air, but hasn't quite figured out how to bend her knees and push herself forward. It is really cute to see her try.
It is hard to believe that she is already 9 months old. It feels like she was just born yesterday. Looking back on pictures, it's crazy to see how much she has gown. Some days it feels like she hasn't grown very much, but then I think back to when she was born and am amazed how much she has actually grown. I'm excited to see her continue to grow and develop, but sad that my little baby is growing up way too fast. She sure is wonderful to have and such a joy.




Katya on her first day




Katya at 9 months

4 comments:

Reuel and Ana said...

Dear Staci and Jethro
it has been a long 9 mo. she has grown so much. Katya is a doll. we are so proud of how you both love her and are taking good care of her. it shows on her face. we pray for you as a family every night.
love
Dad and Ana

andrea said...

I can't believe it has already been 9 months. Katya looks adorable.

Rebekah said...

That second picture is totally cute. You get the best pictures.

Amy said...

I can't believe she is 9 months old. Time does fly. I love her little dress and hat she is wearing. She looks so cute sitting there. I agree with Rebekah that you do get great pictures. I LOVE KATYA!