Sunday, February 11, 2007

A Post Not About Katya... Wait, It Still Is

I just realized that every post I do is about Katya, not that I mind. My whole life centers around Katya and she pretty much consumes everyday. I was just thinking that there must be something to write about that was about my life or Jethro' right now. Well, Jethro has his education blog that's all about him, so I guess I just have to write about myself.

I absolutely love to do crafts and Jethro makes fun of me for it sometimes. He'll come home from work and I'll tell him of a cool craft idea that I saw on Studio 5, a local morning show. I love watching it because they not only have good recipes, but they do a ton of scrapbooking and craft stuff. Jethro very patiently listens as I tell him about all that I learned that day and what my next craft project is going to be. Poor guy. He does let me try out tons of the projects that I see and even the ones that I come up with. I love scrapbooking and always tells me what a cute page I made even if I show him a new one every day and if he could care less about them. That's what I love about him. I have decided to post a few pics of what I have been working on or completed recently:



I made this scrapbook for Jethro for Christmas. It has pictures of us from our time together. I also wrote journal type entries on my feelings towards him and about our time together. I got the scrapbooks from Costco and love the good deals and things they have- 2 for $15. I couldn't believe it! I absolutely loved making it and love that it is something we can keep and look back on. Even though Jethro's not a huge scrapbook person, he still really loved it.



This is a little bank that I made for Katya, so this post is about Katya. She got money for Christmas and I just didn't know where to put it. I made it using a plastic container that was hanging around and scrapbook stuff. I love it. I also like how it was cheap to make. That's what I love about using things from around the house.



I made the letters for Katya's room last year before she was born. I was disappointed that all the ones I saw were a little on the pricey side so I decided to make my own. I am impressed with the way they turned out and glad that I didn't have to spend a ton of money on them.



I made this wall hanging for my parents for Christmas. It was so much fun to make. I just bought a white canvas and then painted it. I then stuck the ribbon on with double stick tape and then glued clothespins on to hold pictures. I also found some really cute quotes at the craft store about families. I also made one for my apartment. I love being able to change the pictures out easily.

2 comments:

andrea said...

Those are all such cute ideas. I love being creative and don't do it enough. The scrapbook looks great.

Amy said...

Look at you! I love scrapbooking too. I haven't done it in a long time. I love the KATYA money can. I will have to be sure to keep adding to that :)