Monday, March 17, 2008

Why does it have to be so hard?

Some classics are just so hard to read. Right now I am reading the Scarlett Letter and have been for 2 weeks. I just can't seem to get through it. The words aren't that tough, so I don't know what it is. I am so frustrated with it. Maybe the problem is me. I can usually sit down and read a couple of pages a minute If that doesn't happen, I usually think it's too tough and give up on it. Maybe I should just relax. It's hard to think about taking the reading slow when you are not sure if a baby's cry will pierce the air in the next few minutes and you'll have to put the book down until who knows when. I guess that I should just realize that some books are harder than others and be grateful for the freedom that we have to read whatever we want.

1 comment:

Katie said...

No, that's just a tough book. I tried to reread it a couple of years ago and gave up.

And I really like to read.