Monday, June 1, 2009

It's that time of year again...

Canning Season! I just love to can! My favorite thing to do is jam. It's easy and so good (probably because it's loaded with sugar.) Our garden got in really late this year because of our late winter so the only thing ready to can are the berries I find at the store. I've spent the last couple of weeks doing jam and I think I need to take a couple of months of because (a) I have about 70 jars and (b) I ran out of jars and already bought 48. I'll probably up for some more come August when I can buy a bunch of berries from the local Farmer's market (especially raspberries and blackberries).



19 jars of Raspberry- Blackberry Jam


All these strawberries- about 16 pounds


Equals about 42 jars of Strawberry Jam.


Not included in picture form are the 20 jars I did last Friday.


No comments: