Sunday, September 20, 2009

Preschool time!

This little blue eyed beauty just started preschool! I can't believe that she is 3 and old enough to go. Where has all the time gone? She absolutely loves it, especially with her friend Brenden in her class. She goes 2 days a week for 2 hours and 50 minutes. She always gets so excited to go and I'm so happy that she gets the interaction she needs and the opportunity to learn so much more than I can teach her.


Cali's goodbye hug to Katya. Cali sure misses Katya during school and hasn't quite figured
out what to do with the time that she ha with just me. It's a big adjustment for her, but I
do enjoy the one-on-one time that I have with her.

Walking to school the first day. We are so lucky to have become friends with
Amber and Craig and their cute little boy Brenden (and their new little baby girl).
We just live close by and can walk our kids to school together. It also works great
with them being in the same class and watching each others kid while the other
one volunteers. I has just worked out perfectly.

Katya's pretty excited for her first day and Cali's a little sad for the
upcoming separation. (Cali cries just about everyday that we drop Katya off.)

We were lucky enough that Jethro was able to take the morning off and
come take Katya to school. Katya was pretty excited.

Katya and Brenden by the school flagpole





Brenden is a fabulous friend to Katya and helps her so much. She is often reluctant to
go somewhere without me, but with Brenden holding her hand she will just walk
right in. So precious.

3 comments:

J N H said...

Katya is just about the cutest girl on the block! I love her little personality. SO loving, brave, happy, and such a great older sister!

Amy said...

I love how Katya's backpack is almost as big as her. That is so cute that she and Brenden were holding hands as they walked in. I can't believe Katya is in pre-school either. Before you know it, she will be posing for her first day of Kindergarten.

Candi said...

Such cute pictures. I am glad Katya loves preschool. I am sure Cali will begin to love the time she can spend just with you.