Since this past Sunday was Mother's Day, the SPT of the week is talking about our mother. What a great idea! I love my mom and don't mind talking about her and letting you all get to know her more.
My wedding day
- She has 2 sisters and one brother. Her brother is 16 years younger than her.
- She moved around a lot when she was growing up because her dad was in the Navy. She even lived at Pearl Harbor.
- She served a mission in France and I think it's really cool to hear her speak French and I think it's cool that she still remembers some.
- She is such a good cook. It always makes me miss home cooked meals.
- She is a really good seamstress. It amazes me at what she makes and how well it all turns out. She's amazing. She made my junior prom dress modest and it looked so cute with the shrug she made for it.
- She makes the best homemade bread ever. Mine never comes close to how good hers is.
- She was always home for us when we came home from school. Sometimes I thought it was annoying, but I really appreciate it. It was so nice knowing that she would always be there for us and that I didn't have anything to worry about.
- She taught me how to clean, cook, sew, and be a good mom. I wish I could do all those things as good as her.
- She taught me to love reading. She was always reading a book and still always reads one.
- She forced me to get along with my sisters, which ended up being a good thing.
- She always made sure we ate well. We hardly ever ate out growing up, which is probably why I like home cooked meals so much.
- She always sends me good coupons.
- Her frog-eye salad, potato salad, and coleslaw are the best!
- She always took lots of pictures of us growing up.
- She doesn't let others have negative influence on her. She has her own style that hasn't really changed. I like it.
- She is such a great grandmother. She loves to hold Katya and take care of her.
- She loves babies and I bet she wishes that we would give her more grandkids.
- She has a lot of patience when it comes to dealing with babies.
- She finds good deals.
- She raised all 5 girls to be good kids- she sure did a good job.
- She always does a good job in her church callings.
- She doesn't give unwanted advice. She always knows where boundries are and respects that. She is not a pushy mom or grandma.
- She knows when her help and input is needed- it's like a sixth sense.
- She loves watching the Discovery Channel and Animal Planet.
- She drove our car all the way from Oklahoma to Utah by herself. It was so nice of her.
- She came out right after Katya got out of the hospital and stayed for 2 weeks. She was amazing and such a big help to us. I am so glad that she came.
- She does so much for us kids.
- She made us wear matching outfits as we were growing up.
- She makes the best casseroles. Hers are the only casseroles that I like. I've tried to make casseroles, but mine turn out horrible and super mushy. Gross!
- She picks out the cutest outfits for Katya.
- She taught me to be modest.
- She is a convert to the church. I really admire her for that.
- She's smart.
- She has read the whole dictionary and knows the meaning of tons of words. It amazes me.
- She listens when I talk.
- She is the best mom.
I love you, Mom. Thanks for all that you do. You are such a good example and have taught me so much. Thank you.
5 comments:
You know Staci that although we think our lives are uninteresting, they are in fact very interesting to others. I love to read anything from you and Jethro. In fact I go to your site several times a day and am very happy when I see something new. Keep up the good work. Of course we always enjoy pitures of little Katya.
love
dad
What a great Mom! Nice post :)
this is a great leap into spt! i think i must know more about frog-eye salad!
welcome to spt!!
may i add you to my *image consultants* sidebar?
What a nice post!! Thank you for sharing about your mom. We love you, Staci and love your family too. It is a good think that your mom raised you so well, it is great to have such an awesome sister-in-law.
Post a Comment