Monday, October 15, 2007

Katya is so Funny

Katya can't chew very well. She chokes frequently (or so it seems to us new and nervous parents). Well, the other day, she was eating dinner and started choking. She gagged three or four times and we usually give her an opportunity to try and clear it herself. She didn't that time, and when I stuck my finger down her throat she got really mad. The food finally dropped out of her mouth and she was MAD. She found the dislodged piece of food and shoved it back in her mouth with a defiant look at her mean daddy that stole her food. Tonight when she choked, I reached in to grab the food out of her throat, and she leaned back and clenched her mouth shut so I wouldn't take her food. She knew that when my finger went into her mouth, she would lose her food. It didn't matter that she couldn't breathe, and her face was turning closer to blue. I had to work hard to get my finger in those clinched jaws.

Also, Katya laughs all the time. She thinks she is so funny. When she laughs, she smiles really big with her mouth open and then laughter explodes like a dry ice bomb...or so I have heard...um...yeah... It is so funny because she makes the same face that she makes when she cries (only her eyes are open when she laughs) and then laughter shoots out. So cute. I will try to get some wicked good video up if I can catch her in one of those moods.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Don't mess with kids when it comes to their food!

Kenz said...

We haven't seen Katya in a while and I'm feeling quite sad about that. That gal sure knows how to make everyone happy. We need to have you guys down for dinner here before we move in a month. Just say YES and we'll put it on the calendar.Love, the Wares

Daniel Hunter said...

She has such a cute personality!! I can't wait to see that if video if you can get it! :)