Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Tenzing's First Day


We are really excited to have this cute little guy as part of our family. He is just adorable. And the best news is that he is actually nursing, which both girls were unable to do. And so begins his fascination with breasts. What? Awkward...

Anyway, the birth went pretty smooth until they tried to get him out. He was stuck, and they tried suctioning him four or five times, and got two pairs of forceps to finally get him out. Eventually, he came out and let out a few little cries.


Tenzing has spent the day with us and in the nursery. We wanted him and Staci to be able to get some rest so he spent about an hour in the nursery while Staci and I tried pitifully to get some sleep. He came down for his first bath, and then I left to get the girls.

Katya was all smiles the whole time, and Cali smiled a lot, too, but was more reticent, like she didn't want us to know how she felt about this little guy yet. I love the picture above because you can see how excited and happy Katya is to have Tenzing as a brother.
Katya was so excited to see her little brother. She had no problem kissing him and holding him. It is so cute to see her and Cali be big sisters.

9 comments:

Tiffany said...

Congratulations! I love all the pics and can't wait to see more. Let us know what we can do to help (especially after Staci's mom leaves).

Reuel and Ana said...

it makes me cry seeing Katya with him maybe she remembers him

Janae said...

Great name and he is adorable! Congrats!!!

Mendel Family said...

He is very handsome, and a big boy! The girls are going to be great big sisters to him! Congrats!

ammunk said...

Congrats! You little family is too cute!

Candi said...

Love love these pictures. I can tell the girls are excited to have a brother. I can't wait to see him.

Amber said...

What a sweet baby boy, he's beautiful! Congrats

Stephanie G. said...

I think he's a cutie!! Good work friends!. Can't wait to see him. Hopefully we'll have a friend for him soon. You're girls are SO cute with him too. Love the kisses and huge smiles :)

Christy Lee Austin said...

So cute! I am so excited for you!