Thursday, November 1, 2007

The Great Pumpkin Saga

The pumpkin that Katya rode in for Halloween was in fact real. We even grew it in our garden. I never knew that it was going to be that big, but it ended up just perfect. Even though I was excited for the pumpkin, I wasn't too excited about carving it into Katya's pumpkin carriage. I figured that it was going to be pretty hard to cut, clean, and decorate. It ended up being a lot easier than I thought. Here is the journey of Katya's pumpkin in pictures.


The pumpkin after cutting the hole for Katya.


This thing is pretty large. It probably had about 10 pounds of guts
and flesh cleaned out and still weighed about 30-40 pounds.


Almost finished.


All done and ready for trick-or-treating.

It was pretty fun to carve and decorate such a large pumpkin, even though it was a lot of work. It was worth it to have Katya enjoy it so much. We'll see what next year will bring with hopefully another big pumpkin.

6 comments:

Daniel Hunter said...

That carriage is awesome! Katya looks absolutely adorable!! She is such a happy kid! You guys look pretty cute too!! :)

Rebekah said...

Well, It may have been an ordeal to get the costume done, but it was extremely adorable. Staci forgot to mention that she ALSO HAND SEWED KATYA'S DRESS!!! I cannot believe that. Incredible job Staci! Way cute picture of Katya.

Amy said...

It turned out so cute! I wish I could have seen her in it in person! Maybe next year!

Zach and Codi said...

We have just officially crowned you guys, "Best Costume" for Katya. You guys are so creative and it was such a good idea...

Amy said...

By the way, nice SAW that you had to use to carve the GIANT pumpkin!

Kelly said...

That is the coolest halloween costume ever! Very clever, and the pumpkin coming from your own garden is frosting on the cake!