Friday, January 25, 2008

Word of the Year

After reading Kristi's post about picking a word for the year, I was inspired to do the same. I thought about it all yesterday and went to bed thinking about it. I think some of the best ideas come in the shower and that's when I thought of my word. It is MOLD. I'm not talking about the mold in the shower or on food, I'm talking about the other mold. A definition that Dictionary.com had that suits my reason for choosing this word is "a distinctive nature, character, or type". I want to mold my life into the way it should be and the way I want it to be. I want to apply this word to all faucets of my life.

Here are the ways I want to MOLD my life:
  • Physically- No more being lazy. I'm going to work out at least twice a week. I need the energy to play with the kids.
  • Spiritually- I need to read the scriptures more and be more involved in discussions at church on a regular basis. This also involves going to the temple at least once a month.
  • Financially- Be more balanced financially and look to the future.
  • Intellectually- Read/Listen to more books on many different subjects and by many different authors
  • Relationships- I want to grow closer to Jethro and I want to mold our relationship into one of greater love and understanding. I want to mold the relationships with my girls into something that they will always remember.
  • Friendships- I want to be a better friend and move out of my shyness and mold myself into someone who is more friendly and more open.
  • Myself- I want to take time for myself. I think that after staying home and taking care of two kids all day, I tend to forget who I am and who I want to become. I want to take time to fit the mold of the person I've always dreamed of being.
  • Talents- I've always thought that I haven't had many talents, but it's not true. I am going to take the time to develop those talents in a way that I will feel better about myself and that will help me be the person I desire.
I want to be a distinct and unique individual. I don't want to fall by the wayside. I don't have to. My molding myself into the person I want to be, I can become a better person with better self-esteem and a better contributor to society. I want to do this for myself. I don't want to hide anymore. I'm excited to have a year filled with challenges of striving to do and be better. Hopefully I can keep it up and come out better in the end.

2 comments:

jethrojones said...

Staci you ROCK!!! I am one lucky dude!

Reuel and Ana said...

really good blog Staci. if you read just 7 pages per day in scriptures you can read the scriptures from cover to cover in just one year. also go to lds.org and you can get the .scriptures in mp;3 format and listen to them on your mp3 player.
dad