Sunday, August 17, 2008

Another year older

Jethro and I have come to an understanding, thanks to Kristi. In May 2008 she wrote about she tells her husband exactly what she wants for her birthday/Mother's Day/Anniversary so there are no guessing games and everyone ends up happy. It was such a brilliant idea and since Jethro can't read minds and I have crazy ideas and high expectations, we figured that that was the best way for us to do it too. My birthday being the first time we tried it, I'd have to say that it worked well and I was happy with the birthday plans and Jethro was happy that he didn't have to guess for once. It was fabulous and even with all my plans, Jethro was wonderful enough to throw in a few surprises.

Jethro was supposed to be in training all day Thursday, but got finished early. Because of that nothing was my plan and all was a surprise.


Brought me my favorite Cherry Limeade with extra cherry.

Took the girls to see it after their nap. Pretty Good.


Best brownies ever. Picked up a box from Costco and made
me dinner with these for dessert.

Love these chocolates. Bought me a whole box of dark chocolates. YUM!


Friday was the day for our plans because all Jethro had was a meeting in the morning. Morning meeting canceled so he got to stay home. Nice surprise. Rebekah was nice enough to watch the girls so we could go out.

Picked up lunch in Park City.



Took some pics. Aren't those cool statues?

Ate lunch at the park. I love this blue house.

The one thing I really wanted to do was go over Guardsman Pass. I'd heard that it was really pretty and I really wanted to check it out. It didn't disappoint.

Looking down at Park City

Beautiful Birch forests

Looking down at Heber/Midway

Just a beautiful view

Eating out super yummy cheesecake we picked up
at the Cheesecake Factory


On our way back down, we stopped at Silver Lake. The weather was fabulous and cool and is was so nice to be able to spend some alone time with Jethro.




Our little friend. There were a ton of them everywhere. He
wanted to hang out with us so he got real close.


Thanks Jethro for the fabulous birthday and being willing to execute my crazy plans. I love you.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY (sorry it's belated). I've kind of started telling Tim exactly what I want as well, because that way I get it. It's a good idea. Glad you had such a wonerful birthday.

Josh n Betsie said...

It sounds like you had a great birthday. What a wonderful husband you have to do all those nice things for you. Looks like you had a good day.