Friday, March 9, 2007

Katya's New Talents

Katya is constantly learning things and developing these new talents. Her newest talent was one that I was hoping she wouldn't develop until she was three or four. She has now learned to untie double knotted shoes and unbutton shirts. It isn't just something she's done once or twice, it's been done on multiple occasions. I always double knot her shoes really tight so she can't untie them. Well, she has gotten really good at somehow getting her little fingers in there and loosening the laces and being able to untie them. I'm not quite sure how she does it, but it doesn't take her too long. She always makes sure that I'm not looking so she doesn't get caught. Her other talent of unbuttoning shirts was learned way to early. Looks like she'll be one of those kids who will streak through the house. The way we discovered her talent was that she sits on Jethro's lap while he's doing something. He will usually be distracted by the computer or t.v. and she will get her little fingers around the buttons on his shirt and quickly unbutton them. He doesn't notice until I point it out. She has done this quite a few times on different shirts. She is also sure that no one sees her unbuttoning the shirt. It's pretty funny.

Ok, now for a funny story about her new talents. Today Katya woke up really early this morning before Jethro went to school. Jethro held her for awhile and then I was holding her Jethro was tying his shoes. She was totally leaning forward and staring intently at Jethro's shoes with a very serious look on her face. Jethro said, "Katya, are you watching daddy so that you can learn how to untie your shoes better?" Her response to that was doubling over in laughter. Way to funny!!

2 comments:

ana said...

Oh honey
what a sweet little note. I am so glad that you are writing these little notes about Katiya. she is so smart, to be able to figure out those things. what is also amazing is that she laughs when you talk to her about it. she is understanding. love
Dad

Amy said...

What a cute little movie star! I loved the DVD you sent out. Kate has already watched it like 4 times. Katya seriously has the cutest personality. Just 2 1/2 more weeks until I can get my hands on her!!! I can't wait!