Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

We got some sweet gifts this year, and you can share in our joy of opening them. The girls were very cute, and Cali started dancing to one of her toys. This was a particularly good Christmas because Staci and I did a very good job of staying in our budget. We weren't perfect, but we knew how much we had to spend and didn't go over, unless it was OK. We budgeted $100 for each person and $10 for each person's stockings. We told each other what we wanted, and since our gifts were more than our allotted $100, we paid for the rest with blow money, that we had been saving up for something we each wanted. Staci was actually saving up for her Cricut machine, and I have wanted a Flip Video Mino HD for quite some time. Staci turned on the Flip and started recording so that when I opened it, it recorded my reaction.

Staci also made the girls some blankets and dolls, which I am sure she will blog about some time in the future. She is amazing.

Here is a time-lapse video of us opening gifts.

The song in the video is "Sleigh Ride" from the Octapella Christmas Album - go buy it.


3 comments:

Reuel and Ana said...

wow that is the fastest and most orginized opening of presents I have ever seen. Merry Christmas and Happy new Year to your cute little family. we love you
anandad

Janae said...

Wow that was awesome! Merry Christmas!

The Mohrs said...

This video was soooo cute! Loved it!