Sunday, April 13, 2008

Blog Book

A couple months ago Erin posted about a blog book. One of my Twitter friends mentioned that his wife printed their blog out as well. He said it was good quality. We thought it would be fun, so we decided to give it a shot. We downloaded the software from Blurb.com. It was pretty easy to do, though the software is still a little buggy. Staci did all the hard work, and I just gave her encouragement. She says that it took her a total of 12 hours to make the book. Which is much better than the 24-36 it took me to make our video from 2006. The book only cost about $35, which is not a lot considering the 333 photos we had would have cost at least that much to print off. This way, we got all the pictures, and good descriptions of them, and dates of each picture for just a little bit of money. If you are crazy enough to actually want to purchase this book, I can open it up to be sold, so you can get one for yourself. I am sure that only grandparents would want this book. But, anyway, here it is:

6 comments:

Mandalynn said...

Very, very cool!! Do you have to include every post or can you delete some of them? I'll probably try it this summer when I have more time. You might be hearing from me if I have questions.

Tiffany said...

I think you may have sold me. Not that I'll be buying your book, but I'll be making my own probably!

Travis said...

I am glad you added that comment about the photos with the ! on them. I have been working on my book for awhile now and was wondering how those photos would turn out. It makes me really want to finish mine to see it in print! Thanks for the video...very thoughtful.

Tammy said...

Hmm...I think I want to do that too. Thanks for the idea!

Reuel and Ana said...

I want to buy it!!!! give me the url to purchase it.
love
dad

Walkers said...

I am in the middle of making a book of our blog as well for mother's day presents. I am glad that you put a video of yours. It makes me feel better knowing the hours will pay off.