Thursday, April 17, 2008

Why I'm glad Katya doesn't walk

Even though I want Katya to start walking really bad, there are some advantages to her not walking.
  1. When she starts to throw a tantrum about going to bed, she starts to roll and crawl away, but she is pretty easy to catch.
  2. I can take her outside and set her on a blanket and not have to chase her around the yard.
  3. When she has something she's not supposed to, her rolling away is much easier than her running away from me.
  4. She can't destroy my scrapbook and sewing stuff yet.
  5. Cali's face is safe from her sisters hands while she is in the jumperoo.
  6. No running into the street or parking lot.
  7. I don't have to fight to put shoes on because she doesn't need them.
Even though having to carry her all time is hard, right now I am enjoying the advantages of her not walking.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Great way to look at it! My little man skipped crawling and has gone straight to walking (only a few steps by himself). I have enjoyed a longer time than many do with him not getting into everything!!