Thursday, July 31, 2008

Her Time Has Come

Katya is two and hasn't really got into the "I get into everything because now I am two" phase. I've counted myself luckily. I feel bad for other mothers whose blogs I read. Their kids get into everything, even taking off their poopy diapers. Remember this post from a couple of days ago? I forgot too soon. She did it again. This time it was worse.

I walked in to get the girls up from their nap. As I looked at Katya, I noticed she was holding something. As I looked closer I noticed that it was brown and not chocolate. The smell in her room tipped me off to what it really was. When I told her to drop it, she just held it tighter. Now, there aren't many things that gross we out, but this one made we want to head straight for the toilet. It was so gross!

(I blocked it out for your stomach's sake.)

I thought she had pulled it out of her diaper as it looked as if she was still wearing it. I finally got her to drop "her find" and picked her up only to discover that she was not wearing her diaper nor was it in her crib. I had already looked in on Cali and she was fine. I started to panic as I realized that a dirty smell diaper could be somewhere in the room and I wouldn't be able to find it. As I searched, I checked on Cali again and I found the missing diaper 2 inches from her face. Why does Katya share when she's not supposed to?

At least she folded it over so Cali wouldn't get it as easily.

Let me just say that it was beyond gross and I will definitely remember to either put a onesie on or shorts and no more dress without one.

4 comments:

Reuel and Ana said...

oh how cute she is sharing with her little sister. I know this is gross but not being there to enjoy the smell i can laugh about it. you will too until cali starts to do it.
love dad

Natasha said...

I know that feeling all to well my 2 year old has done the same thing before in fact I think all 3 of my kids have done it at some point or another. I too have a strong stomach but that grosses me out more than anything I think

Candi said...

Gross,Gross, Gross(but funny at the same time)! I hope she doesn't keep on doing this.

Tiffany said...

Yucko! I really hope she does get over it soon.