Monday, September 8, 2008
Jethro's Favorite Pizza
This whole summer we have been eating salad almost every night. It's been great since the girls keep me busy enough that I don't have to cook anything. It's been nice and refreshing. On Thursday I decided that I was sick of salad and really wanted to use my bread maker. I decided to go for some pizza crust and make some yummy pizza. I knew Jethro would be totally surprised and ecstatic at the sight of pizza. When he walked in the door, I was finishing it up. Now, Jethro's jaw doesn't usually drop at much so it was kind of cool to see it. He said to me, "I can't believe you are making pizza. Matt was eating it at lunch and I really wanted some. I was going to convince you to make pizza for dinner." I am glad that I could read his mind. Jethro is a big meat eater so I was surprised at how much he liked the pizza. I had gone outside and picked a bunch of pear tomatoes and a zucchini from our garden and put them on. I also stuffed the crust with string cheese. Jethro wants me to make it again this week. We'll have to see about that. Here's a picture of the finished product, but be careful not to drool all over the keyboard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
No fair. You have to share the recipe. I'm especially interested in the crust recipe. And what a great idea to use string cheese. Hello Martha Stewart! And look at all your canning...
Oh, well I'm starting to drool! YUM!!
Mackenzie- I made the dough in my bread maker and I just picked whatever vegetables I found in my garden. If you want me to send you the recipe, just let me know.
Post a Comment