Monday, September 8, 2008

Sometimes I feel like I live on a farm... (Part 3)

Two Saturdays ago I decided I wanted to make strawberry jam and strawberry lemonade concentrate. Since our plant are down producing strawberries, I picked some up at Costco. I wish that they were more fresh, but you get what you get. I did have a fabulous time making all the stuff.

The strawberry jam didn't quite set up right, but I think that was my fault. IT is so good though. The thing about it being kind of runny is that it soaks into toast so nicely. I just love homemade jam.

20 jars of yummy strawberry Jam


The lemonade concentrate was just a fun thing I wanted to try. It'll be nice to have good strawberry lemonade in the winter.

13 jars

1 comment:

Tina said...

Thanks for the giggle...I will never forget as long as I live, you, Olive Garden, and raspberry lemonaid!!!! Does Jethro know that you get a little "goofy" when you drink it? (lol) I'm really proud of you and all you are learning...your family is truly blessed. Keep us posted here in the big city. I also love the lables on everything.
Love, your
Texas Mom