I completely forgot to post about Peach Pit Jelly. When Paul, our landlord, told me about it, I thought he was crazy. He told me you just boil the pits and use that juice to make the jelly. I figured I would just try it out since I wouldn't be spending more money and I wouldn't be wasting anything. I talked to his daughter and she gave me the recipe. I'd have to say that it was pretty easy and tastes pretty good. It isn't a very sweet jelly, despite all the sugar.

Remember this picture? The bowl on the right contains skins and pits. I just
covered it with water and it sat in the fridge overnight.

After a few minutes of cooking and added ingredients...Peach Pit Jelly!

It has a subtle taste and is pretty yummy. I did learn a few things from making it though. As seen in the following picture, it is not a good idea to double jam or jelly recipes unless you get a bigger pot. Burnt sugar also doesn't smell very good and leaves a huge sticky mess.

If anyone wants the recipe, just let me know and I'd be happy to post it for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment